Skip to main content

Game Brainstorm

Game Brainstorm

Game 1: 
My first game idea is to create an adventure game. As I said before, in blog about my favourite video game, Crash Bandicoot was my number one. A game similar to this would be ideal. There would be one character travelling through worlds, collecting objects and fighting villains. Other games similar to this are Ratchet And Clank and Spyro. I like the idea of the player having their own character and being free to travel around the world they're in. After watching some Unity tutorials, I have gathered knowledge on how to create the basis of these games. I have a lot more to learn, but I am looking forward to broadening my skills.


Game 2: 
The second type of game idea I came up with is a racing video game. I've taken inspiration from the playstation game "Micro Machines" and Nintendo game "Mario Kart". The game would have both multiplayer and solo options. The goal of the game would be to cross the finish line first, while driving in a kart/car. While racing there will be gems available to collect which will increase your score. Boxes will also be scattered on the racing track. These boxes will activate a random power for your player when you drive through them. There will be moving and static obstacles along the racing track, which will slow down the racers when hit. I read information about "micro Machines" here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro_Machines_(video_game_series).

Game 3: 
My next game idea took inspiration from "Club Penguin" and "The Sims". I want it to be a game where you live in a virtual world, making decisions for your own avatar. You will be able to build up their life and what is in it. Other avatars will also be in the world over time. I read some information about "The Sims" here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims.

Game 4:
My last game would be a sports game. I enjoy field hockey and think it would be cool to create a game where you could play the sport online against others. I think this game would be the most difficult to design and make. There would be 10 players plus a goalie per team on the field at one time, just like the real life sport. The aim of the game is to get the most goals by the end of the game. I looked over the rules of the sport here: https://www.voorhees.k12.nj.us/Page/32621


Comments

  1. Hey Lauren, I loved reading your blog on your game brainstorm ideas. I think all four of the ideas are fantastic but my favourite idea is the third one. This is my favourite because your idea seems fun being able to make decisions for my own avatar and I also used to love playing club penguin as a kid so it might make me feel like a kid again. I wish you look for your future game designing and hope the year goes well for you.
    - Aaron Hogan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lauren I love all of your ideas there all so unique and cool. My favorite would probably be the third one as I used to love playing club penguin and the sims. Being able to make your own decisions makes the game a lot more enjoyable and fun. I also like the sound of the second game as I love car racing games and I also used this as one of my possible ideas and after researching into it myself it doesn't seem too difficult.
    I hope it goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lauren,

    I love these brainstorms! The first idea is so nostalgic and I really enjoyed reading it. It's definitely a classic that will be good to take inspiration from. Also, your fourth idea was really cool to read as it has a personal connection with you, which can help inspire you to go to full-lengths while creating it.

    I can't wait to see some more of your development!

    BLC Blogging

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Introduction to Me My name is Lauren Murphy and I am 20 years old. I live in Castleknock and have 4 people in my family including myself.  My favourite class last semester was Design Process and Practice. I have a big interest in graphic design and I really enjoyed learning about the principles and rules of design. My goals for this module are to improve my blog writing skills and successfully create a video game. Image 1: Boracay Beach During Summer I went on holiday to The Philippines. I travelled for 22 hours to Manila, where I stayed for 4 days. I then flew to Boracay and Cebu. Each place was amazing and different in their own way. I met a lot of people who were travelling alone around Asia. After listening to some people's experiences, I have decided I will definitely go back to Asia next summer. I also went to Hungary this Summer. Some of my friends were interrailing around Europe so I met them in Budapest for 4 days. I went to the famous Baths and also went on

Game Idea Research

Game Idea Research Hi again! After brainstorming a few ideas for my game, I have decided I'm going to stick to an adventure style. As I've said before in previous blog posts, I gained a lot of inspiration from the Crash Bandicoot and Spyro series. The user of the game will be able to walk around a virtual world. They can collect gems which will add to their score. There will also be different type of keys hidden around the world. Each key will unlock another part of the world to explore. Once the player unlocks an area, they will have to fight small creatures that are walking around. As the players score increases, their strength will increase. This allows the player to fight tougher opponents as the game goes on. The player's health will take a toll if hit by a creature they are fighting. The aim of the game is to beat the creatures and collect all the keys to unlock the entire world.  Image 1:   Minecraft Virtual World I hope to learn enough s