Skip to main content

Unity Tutorial 05 Week 6


Image result for unity game engine

Unity Tutorial 05

Hey guys, welcome back to my blog. Today I will be talking about three unity tutorials I watched and learned from.                                                                                                                                                               Image 1: Unity Logo
In this first tutorial Jimmy Vegas looked at some more UI elements and a dynamic cursor.
I created a script so that I could pick up a gem rather than just walking through it. This was super handy to learn because I hope to have this in the game I plan to create. I also learned how to create text for objects that the player interacts with during the game.

I find the #C Script very tedious, but it has to be done. I'm becoming slightly more familiar with writing the script, but it does take me a few shots before I get it right.

In the second tutorial, Vegas explained how to create weapons using animation. He brought in new elements into the environment like a fence. It's very useful having these objects in an assets folder made by him already. I enjoyed learning how to make a weapon on unity because I know i'll need this skill for my own game.

In the third tutorial, Vegas worked with layering and talked about how to command your weapon to swing. He also explained how to add sound to the movement of the weapon.
After watching these tutorials, I can finally see the game coming more to life. Looking forward to learning more from Jimmy Vegas!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Introduction to Me My name is Lauren Murphy and I am 20 years old. I live in Castleknock and have 4 people in my family including myself.  My favourite class last semester was Design Process and Practice. I have a big interest in graphic design and I really enjoyed learning about the principles and rules of design. My goals for this module are to improve my blog writing skills and successfully create a video game. Image 1: Boracay Beach During Summer I went on holiday to The Philippines. I travelled for 22 hours to Manila, where I stayed for 4 days. I then flew to Boracay and Cebu. Each place was amazing and different in their own way. I met a lot of people who were travelling alone around Asia. After listening to some people's experiences, I have decided I will definitely go back to Asia next summer. I also went to Hungary this Summer. Some of my friends were interrailing around Europe so I met them in Budapest for 4 days. I went to the famous Baths and also wen...

Game Idea Research

Game Idea Research Hi again! After brainstorming a few ideas for my game, I have decided I'm going to stick to an adventure style. As I've said before in previous blog posts, I gained a lot of inspiration from the Crash Bandicoot and Spyro series. The user of the game will be able to walk around a virtual world. They can collect gems which will add to their score. There will also be different type of keys hidden around the world. Each key will unlock another part of the world to explore. Once the player unlocks an area, they will have to fight small creatures that are walking around. As the players score increases, their strength will increase. This allows the player to fight tougher opponents as the game goes on. The player's health will take a toll if hit by a creature they are fighting. The aim of the game is to beat the creatures and collect all the keys to unlock the entire world.  Image 1:   Minecraft Virtual World I hope to learn enough...

Unity Tutorial 06

Unity Welcome back to my blog😇 Today I will be writing about three Unity tutorials I did. In the first video, we looked at the sky box, lighting and wind zones. I could choose from different sky boxes from Jimmy Vegas' assets. I found adding the sky easy enough and I really liked how it added a nice calm tone to my game. I then manipulated the colour around the virtual world to suit the sky. Learning how to change the lighting was also really useful for when I want the game to be darker for night time. I also played around with the wind strength. I tried to find a natural looking breeze for my game. The sky, lighting and wind really helped bring it to life. In the second tutorial, we looked at how to pick up my weapon and fade screens. I think these things will really help with my storyline for my game. Once again, I had to write some more script. This is probably my least favourite part when creating a game as it's so tedious and I find it quite difficult. I did g...